Contact: email@example.com or 394-4975
Reading Homework for Tuesdays due on Friday of each week.
Standard: GLE: 2.1.6 Apply comprehension monitoring strategies to understand
informational text: generate and answer questions.
Name________________________________ Date___________ Period _____
Choose an article from the newspaper that you would like to know more about.
Cut the article out and staple it onto the back of this page.
1. The name of my newspaper is ______________________________________
2. The date of the newspaper is ______________________________________
3. The name of the newspaper article I have chosen is _____________________
4. I chose this article because _______________________________________
5. My article is about ______________________________________________
6. I learned the following two things from reading this article:
First, I learned that_____________________________________________
Secondly, I learned that __________________________________________
7. The person I would recommend to read this article is _____________________
Newspaper Presentations will be held on Friday! Students will correctly answer who, what, where, and when comprehension questions following their newspaper presentation. Each student will score their peers by reading and following directions on the Newspaper Activity Rubrics below.
Newspaper Activity Rubrics
Your Name _______________________ Total Points: ________
Last Modified on October 14, 2011