Per state law, the North Kitsap School District is not allowed to charge for locating a public record or for making records available for review or inspection. Under certain circumstances the School District may charge for the actual costs of copying public records, including staff time spent making the copies. The fees are as follows:
In person viewing of records - No Fee
Electronic Copies - No Fee
Hardcopies of Records - $.15 per impression
Certified Copies Mailed - $.15 per impression plus $1.00 for the certification
Audio Tapes, Video Tapes, CD's & DVD's - Actual cost of reproduction
Or as follows:
- If the request is for electronic copies there are no fees incurred.
- If hardcopies are requested there is a fee of $.15 per impression.
- If reproduction of audio tapes, video tapes, CD's or DVD's are requested the fees will be based on actual cost of reproduction.
- If the School District has to pay an outside source for duplicating records in non-routine formats such as photographs, blueprints, or tape recordings, the actual cost will be passed along to the requestor.
- If the request is for a certified copy, an additional charge of $1.00 may be applied to cover the additional expense for certification.
- The School District is not required to copy records at its own facilities and may determine to use a commercial copying center. The School District will bill the requestor for the amount charged by the vendor.
- Deposits or payment by installments. Before beginning to copy records, a deposit or up to 10% of the estimated cost of copying will be required if the copy cost exceed $25.00. An estimate of the copy costs will be provided to the requestor so that they have the opportunity to decline having the copies reproduced. The Public Records Officer may also require the payment of the remainder of the copying costs before providing all records, or the payment of the costs of copying an installment before providing that installement.