Last year, we had over 200 staff and community members who participated in several committees. The committees had enriching conversations which led to several recommendations for change.
It is time to sign up for committee work for the 2016-17 school year. The offerings below provide a brief description of this year’s committees. If you are interested in participating in any of the committees, please contact the individual(s) next to each committee for more information by Monday October 31st. More committees may be announced throughout the year.
- Alternative Learning (Kim Eimers - email@example.com/Jeff Sweeney -firstname.lastname@example.org): Create a comprehensive K-12 ALE system and offer new opportunities for students to meet minimum state requirements of 24 credits for graduation.
- Extra/Co-curricular Programs (Joe Power - email@example.com): Analyze programs for student engagement and equity. Review equity and Title IX compliance in athletic programs in order to provide a recommendation for compliance.
- Career Technical Education (Kim Eimers - firstname.lastname@example.org): Create a district-wide study of all CTE programs.
- Community Financial Advisory Committee (*see note below): Develop budget and finance related levy (or bond) options and recommendations that match the District mission and goals leading to final recommendations to the School Board of Directors.
- Dual Language Advisory Committee (Travis Smith - email@example.com): Improve the integrity of the program, support recruiting and staffing for elementary and secondary schools, review curriculum, and bridge middle school program.
- Equity Council (Chris Willits - firstname.lastname@example.org, Michael Olsen - email@example.com): The North Kitsap School District Equity Council will be responsive to change, value individual and school differences, identify inequities using accurate information, build partnerships and provide clear channels of access to empower all voices.
*Note: Please contact Jeff Sweeney (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in participating in the Community Financial Advisory Committee.