The Dual Language program gives elementary students an opportunity to complete North Kitsap School District curriculum in a nontraditional way by adding Spanish/English language and culture from kindergarten through fifth grade. Students in the program become proficient in both Spanish and English, while learning the same curriculum content as their peers outside the program. How is this accomplished?
- With lots of hard work, parental involvement, and a dedicated staff
- Parent commitment to the six-year process (K-5th Grade) is very important.
About The Program:
- Students learn literacy skills in their first language while also acquiring skills in the second language.
- Certain content (subjects) will be taught in English (i.e. Math) and other subjects will be taught in Spanish (i.e. Science/social studies).
- This is not an immersion program. We use the Gomez and Gomez model of language acquisition.
- Priority for this program is given to students within the North Kitsap School District boundaries.
- Parents are responsible for providing their own transportation if you live outside the Vinland Elementary attendance area.
Where is the Dual Language Program Located:
Vinland Elementary School, 22104 Rhododendron Lane, Poulsbo WA 98370