NORTH KITSAP SCHOOL BOARD 2016-2017 GOALS
1. Continue to support student learning as defined in the strategic 2020 goals for
graduation rate, 3rd grade reading and the district improvement plan. This is done
through regular monitoring and the allocation of resources through the budgeting
2. Continue to make budget and financial decisions that result in maintaining the 5% fund
balance as defined in policy 6020.
3. Develop and execute a process to select and hire the next superintendent by June 2017
with stakeholder input and while maintaining the board as the authority to make the
4. Strengthen boards connection to the community and staff by establishing and executing
processes for the following:
A. Publically recognize the efforts of schools in improving student learning and
communicate district performance to the public in clear and understandable ways.
B. Follow effective processes for responding to question, concerns, comments or
feedback from citizens.
5. Implement policy 1340 Targeted Student Success to align our board work and the
district's work toward the key function of student success defined in the policy. This will
be used to set agenda items throughout the school year
The Board's work also includes supporting the following: